The University of Sydney has informed that from the first semester of 2023, the University of Sydney has begun to transition from a distance delivery model to a standard teaching model, so there will only be a limited number of subjects available for distance learning.
From the second semester of 2023, the University of Sydney will return to the standard delivery model for all courses and all students will be required to return to campus, including those who have started remote learning on or before the first semester of 2023.
How to check the teaching mode of your major?
Search ‘University of Sydney Course List’ on the web, then enter your major name in the search bar or drop down to find a major.
After selecting your major, confirm on the page that you are viewing the International Students page, and the study mode teaching mode.
As some students may be affected due to the elimination of distance learning options for some courses in the new semester, the University Admission Team will soon contact all affected students or agents for advice and further options.
It is also recommended that students should arrange their trip to Sydney as soon as possible after accepting the admission.
New master’s programs in computer science will be added in 2024
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology will introduce a series of new courses from 2024:
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Computer Science (Advanced Entry)
- Graduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
These courses will replace the following courses and will no longer be offered from 2024 onwards. For students who have already received an offer for one of the following programs in 2024, their offer letter will remain valid.
These students who have already received an offer letter of acceptance for 2024 can choose to continue their current degree or choose a newly launched degree.
- Master of Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management）
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology/Master of Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Certificate in Computing