- Be under 50 years age
- Applicants can apply for subclass 485 visa application outside Australia and be granted the visa while they are outside Australia.
- Applicant hold a current student visa, or you held a student visa within the past 6 months before your application and you now hold a substantive visa or Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B.
- Have health insurance for the duration of your visa (OVHC)
- Make your application within 6 months of the date you receive your final results. You cannot apply for the visa before you have completed the course.
- Complete at least 2 academic years (classified as 92 CRICOS weeks) of study within Australia of a relevant course (or courses) related to an occupation on the MLTSSL.
- Have been in Australia for at least 16 months studying the course.
- Have English level IELTS 6, with no score lower than 5 (or equivalent English test).
- Have not previously held the temporary graduate or skilled graduate visa.
The Graduate Work stream requires students to study courses that ate closely related to the nominated skilled occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) occupation list. and they need to apply for a kills assessment in your nominated occupation.
New policy on GW stream
- Between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2023, visa applicants are not required to have a qualification relevant to an occupation and apply for a skills assessment in your nominated occupation on the skilled occupation list.
- From 1 December 2021, temporary increased from 18 to 24 months stay on Temporary Graduate visa for VET graduate. Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders may stay for 5 years.