University of Sydney
The University of Sydney has announced that from 1 April 2023, all applications submitted on or after that date will no longer be subject to the special pandemic policy.
Specific changes are as follows:
- The validity period of English scores will be changed from 3 years to 2 years.
- IELTS Indicators will no longer be accepted.
- TOEFL Special Home Edition will no longer be accepted.
- AP students will no longer be allowed to submit applications using their AP test scores alone. Instead, students will be required to submit SAT or ACT scores and a high school diploma.
- Students are required to provide a valid passport as part of the processing of their application. If no valid passport is provided, the offer will be conditional on the student providing a copy of the valid passport.
University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales (Main Campus) currently offers a one-off (once-off) international student scholarship to international students for T2 2023 (entry late May).
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- I am an international student
- Are citizens of eligible countries/territories, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, South Korea, etc. are on the list, detailed list is attached below
- Become a full-time freshman in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of New South Wales and commence full-time study
But does not include Master of Laws (9201), Bachelor of Computer Science (3778), Graduate Certificate in Computing (7543), Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (5543), Master of Information Technology (8543), UNSW Canberra, UNSW Foundation, UNSW Foundation, Online Transition, Foundation courses at the University of New South Wales.
- You must have applied for Semester 2 2023 and received an offer of admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of New South Wales.
NOTE: Must not be a current student at UNSW.
Queensland University of Technology
Queensland University of Technology offers the QUT College Merit Scholarship from July 2023.
Amount of Scholarship:
- Admission to Standard Foundation: A reduction of 2600 Australian dollars (about 13,000 yuan) for the first semester of pre-studies.
- Admission to Diploma programs: tuition for the first semester of freshman diploma programs will be reduced by 3120 Australian dollars (about 15,000 RMB).
- The applicant has an Australian high school diploma completed in or outside Australia:
- Australian college entrance examination score of ATAR68 or above
- Admission to any QUT Freshman Expedited program is limited to students who must hold a QUT offer letter and meet all admission requirements.
- Applicants should have completed high school education in other countries outside Australia:
1) Chinese regular high school education:
For admission to the QUT Standard Foundation courses:
- If the applicant has completed all three years of high school courses, the average score of all subjects in the senior year is above 62%;
- If the applicant has completed all courses in Senior 2, the average score of all subjects in Senior 2 is above 72%;
To enroll in any of QUT’s freshman expedited courses:
- The average score of all subjects in senior three is above 67%
2) Completion of 2-year IB programme with IB Certificate:
- Admission is limited to any QUT freshman expedited course with a total score of 25 or more
3) Complete GCE A-Level courses (including Cambridge High School Certificate HSC) :
- Admission is limited to any QUT first year expedited course with A total score of 4 or above in two A-level subjects; Or an A-level subject plus two AS-level subjects with an overall score of 4 or above